Thursday, May 31, 2007

Juicy

This week brought me to the realization that I will be turning 37 in a couple months.

Gawd, am I old.

I know, all my readers are about this same vintage. All my friends are this same vintage. Are we all feeling this old? Or am I just missing something right now that reconnects me to the juicy, spunky, interesting, sexy, youthful girl I remember from my... well.... um... youth.

I might also mention that today is my 20th anniversary of my first date with my now-husband. It's also our 10th wedding anniversary. We adore eachother. We've literally grown up together. We'll always be together. But me, as a person, I've become wife and mother and occasional housecleaner (if you could call it cleaning). Last night I told him I was going to blog again. That I needed to find myself, if I ever knew her.

I want to take a belly dancing class. I want to go back to my weekly Italian classes I took back, long ago, before I ever started TTC. I want to write a book, or two. But the ongoing demands of motherhood---and maybe my own fears---seem to keep me from making any of it happen.

In a related note, some of my older readers might remember my Bizzare Love Triangle back in my Ghetto Fabulous 80s. Well, after living like a recluse all these years, I finally decided to reconnect.

I'll give you all the juicy details, and the aftermath, in a post soon.

4 comments:

Hostile in Ohio said...

You're back...you're really really back?

...

Promise? :-D

Missed you Kat!!

Hostile from Quest for Order
www.questfororder.blogspot.com

Teachermom said...

Hey, you're back! It had been so long since I'd checked your blog, but I decided to do come on over when I saw your comment on Julia's.

Can't wait to hear how you and the kiddos are doing!

Um, thanks for getting "Bizarre Love Triangle" stuck in my head...! :)

Ashley E. Underell Kingsley said...

KAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe it!!! WE DID IT! I am so glad I found. I have often wondered how you were doing! I would love to stay in touch - catch up.... let's talk about this motherhood stuff - and who cares about the housework. I am the worst domestic failure... but I am getting over it! xoxo SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

Ashley

Kristin said...

Hello! I know you don't know me, but we've got something in common. I got your blog address off the Stirrup Queen's blogroll and was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me help a couple who is trying to add a little one to their family. We're holding a silent auction for them this weekend (Friday and Saturday) on goteamwitt.blogspot.com and need help getting the word out! We would love it if you would spread the word via social media or here on your blog. Additionally, we are always looking for more donations to auction off, so if you or someone you know might be interested in making a donation, all the information is under the donate tab. If you have any questions or would be willing to post a pre-written blog post about the auction and the sponsored couple, please contact Kristin at goteamwitt@gmail.com Thanks in advance for taking the time to consider this!